Big Laramie WY River Ranch for Sale: Cash-In on Cows and Recreation
Stop and breath in the fresh 100-mile views on this WY river ranch for sale north of Laramie. Thunder River Ranch spans a fabulous 26,046 total acres of unspoiled Western terrain. The land is well-blocked. Both the Laramie River and Bluegrass Creek stream through the undulating hills at 7000-foot elevations. So, Thunder River Ranch is natural elk habitat. It’s also an amazing place for fly-fishing and an active retirement
This immense legacy ranch for sale north of Laramie cashes in on location and assets. Recreational activities are popular on the ranch and throughout the Laramie Valley. Set at the southernmost end of the Laramie Mountains are rich natural grasslands. The cattle ranching heritage is unmistakable. Further development knows no limit. Luxury homes and solid ranch buildings offer new owners a turnkey income-producing operation.
9 Reasons to Invest – WY River Ranch for Sale
- Excellent water resources. Thunder River Ranch in Wyoming features major water sources. 11 miles of the Laramie River, 3.7 miles of Bluegrass Creek, 3 miles of shoreline at the Wheatland Reservoir #2.
- Trophy elk. Thunder River Ranch is in Area 7, one of the finest trophy elk hunting areas in the USA. 700+ herds of elk roam the ranch including bull elk scoring 380+. Landowner tags are available.
- Wildlife variety. Landowner tags are available for mule deer and antelope. The WY river ranch also supports white tail deer, black bear, and mountain lion. Turkey and waterfowl varieties share the land and waters.
- Fishing and fly-fishing. Ranch rivers and streams support brown, brook, and rainbow trout, some in the 20+ inch class. Several ponds, springs, and lakes available for development. Water rights from 1892 provide potential for fishery enhancements.
- Long-term cattle ranching history. Fenced and cross-fenced, the ranch is home to 1500 yearling calves for summer grazing. Water rights take care of 800 acres of irrigated grasslands. Well-maintained ranch building support the cattle operation.
- Recreation. Adventures include rafting, paddle boarding, kayaking, rock climbing, bouldering, mountain biking, and more.
- Homes. Ranch headquarters features two luxury homes near the Laramie River. A renovated old schoolhouse and homestead house accommodate hunting and fishing base campers.
- Picturesque scenery. Ranch grasslands to rock formations to aspen and pine woods to the mountains.
- Accessible. Thunder River Ranch is private yet accessible. Wheatland is 30 miles east and Laramie an hour south.
Laramie Wyoming Ranches
The Laramie ranching region nestles between the Snowy and Laramie ranges. Home to 32,500, Laramie also sits on the Laramie River. Money Magazine cited the local scenery, low taxes, and education as a Best City to Retire. The University of Wyoming, WyoTech, and Laramie County Community College are present. Access Laramie by jet via the Laramie Regional Airport.
Call Dave Harrigan or Hunter Harrigan at Harrigan Land Company at (800) 524-1818. Thunder River Ranch is one of the most magnificent offerings available anywhere. in large ranch and recreational properties in Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico, and Utah.