Buy NM Mountain Ranch with Beautiful Homes, Equestrian Amenities
Prefer a luxury ranching lifestyle? Ride horses and hunt on your own exquisite mountain ranch in Northern New Mexico. Red Rabbit Ranch for sale has been carefully prepared for you, your family and friends. Its 1,937 acres take in the best Tierra Amarilla mountain scenery. The excellent hunting and equestrian ranch for sale perches between 8,500 and 10,300 feet on the flanks of the southern San Juan Mountains.
Tierra Amarilla Setting
Red Rabbit Ranch was once part of the huge Tierra Amarilla Land Grant. In 1832 Manuel Martinez settled here, enjoying the extraordinary ecosystem and resources. Springs, ponds, Tierra Amarilla Creek and meadows and forests are all fed by the abundant snowpack. These natural features satisfy of variety of wildlife onto the property, followed by hikers, photographers, snowmobilers, and hunters.
Beautiful Homes and Improvements
Red Rabbit Ranch features distinctive accommodations and equestrian facilities. Buyers will immediately notice the meticulous craftsmanship with artistic flourishes and durable materials.
- Main Residence: Swedish coped log home reminiscent of old Western lodges. It features a vaulted ceiling Great Room, custom-built kitchen with mesquite cabinets, vintage style wet bar, Victorian style gas fireplace with a breakfast room and large dining room with stunning views of the mountains. This amazing home features master bedroom and guest bedroom en suites. This owner’s home features two 2-car garages as well.
- Barn Quarters: A 2/1 apartment with full kitchen and open space living makes for a horse lover’s cozy home away from home.
- Guest House: On the lower portion of the ranch, a comfortable 3/2 guest house with vaulted ceilings is another place to view the sunsets.
- Hunting Cabin: Set at 9800 feet, the hunting cabin sleeps 7. It has a full kitchen and running hot water.
- Stone House: Built in the 1800s, the historic stone house formerly housed sheepherders.
- Barn: Next to the main house is a 4000 square foot barn that is completely outfitted for equestrian lifestyles. More than the essentials, the luxury barn includes a full shop, 6 horse stalls (2 heated), 1100 square foot upper hay loft, washroom, tack room, brick pavers, stained glass and more.
- Carriage House: This new timber framed building features four bays, an entertainment space, and brick flooring.
- Storage Building: Ranch equipment and materials can be stored in the 4000 square foot metal building. It features a concrete floor and natural lighting.
- Equestrian Facilities: And there is more…3 horse pastures with electric fencing, horse corrals, loafing sheds, hay shed, round pen, and trails leading through the high country.
Red Rabbit as a Hunting Ranch
On the ranch are big herds of trophy mule deer in the 182 200+ inch class. Trophy elk often score over 300 inches. During a typical year, Red Rabbit Ranch receives an average of 17 elk authorizations. Add the other hunting opportunities to the list: bear, mountain lion, turkey, and grouse.
Location of NM Ranch for Sale
Red Rabbit Ranch borders U.S. Hwy. 64 about 10 miles from the community of Tierra Amarilla. It is 26 miles south of Chama, 70 miles from skiing and culture in Taos, 70 miles from Hot Springs and skiing in Pagosa Springs and Wolf Creek Ski Resort. The drive to Santa Fe, New Mexico takes about 1.5 hours.
Call (800) 524-1818 to reach Harrigan Land Company for information about this luxury New Mexico mountain ranch for sale. Dave Harrigan and Hunter Harrigan specialize in large Western ranches and horse properties for sale in New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, and Utah.